Developing reliable composite structures with repeatable results.
For more information about our work in the Aerospace field, contact:
Business Development Manager – Aerospace
Composites for Aerospace
Automated Dynamics has over 30 years of experience manufacturing high-performance composite structures for aerospace applications. We are a world leader in composite fiber placement technology. We build automated fiber placement and tape laying equipment which we use to manufacture high-performance composite structures. This gives us the unique advantage of building equipment optimized for your performance requirements.
Key benefits of composites in aerospace include:
- Weight reduction
- Decreased life cycle cost
- Damage tolerance
- Fatigue resistance
- Environmental resistance (corrosion and solvent resistance)
Our highly talented engineers have consulted and worked with the Navy/Navair, Army, Air Force, DARPA, and nearly every Tier 1 supplier of aeronautical parts. We design, develop, prototype, and produce composite solutions to the most challenging and critical aerospace applications. Some examples of our work include drive shafts, cargo floor panels, tail booms, fixed wing fuselage, and horizontal stabilizers.
The focus of these programs has been to replace existing aluminum structures with composite parts. There have been both drop-in replacements and new designs.
We are industry leaders when it comes to Thermoplastic Composites. We are the world-leader of in-situ thermoplastic composite fiber placement. The benefits of using our cutting-edge in-situ thermoplastic technology include:
- Melt processable (no cure chemistry, no autoclave)
- No toxicity/ hazardous chemical issues
- Exceptional fatigue resistance
- Extreme toughness/damage tolerance
- Superior solvent and chemical resistance
- No refrigeration or out-time considerations
- Great FST (fire, smoke, toxicity) stability
- Hydrolytic stability
- Stable Tg – even under hot/wet conditions
- Low water absorption
- Low coefficient of friction
We work closely with our clients to understand their needs. Whether engineering services, part production, or customized automation equipment, Automated Dynamics will develop a solution that meets your unique needs.